01 December 2010

Reverb10 - 1 December

My friend, Kayelee, told me about this blogger thing called Reverb10. The idea is to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


My one word for 2010: "stirring." This year has shifted me in some ways; it has stirred my mind, heart and soul. A dear friend sent me a card that read "life begins at the edge of your comfort zone." I put that to play and started stepping out of my comfort zone. I've began questioning some things about myself, too. 2010 has been stirring.

As for 2011, I tried to think of a single word that doesn't apply to every year (adventurous, transforming, growth, renewing, etc.), but found that I wasn't really able to find a unique term. Of all the things I want every year to be, however, the word "present" stuck out to me. I realized that in the last two years I've been allowing part of myself to remain stuck in the past. I am making "present" my word for 2011 so that I may fully let go of some things, and fully live in the present. I also don't want to get too caught up in making plans for the future, so having the word "present" represent 2011 is spot on.

No comments: