07 December 2010

Reverb10 - 7 December

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
Oh, many places! My book club on Meetup.com has provided me a beautiful circle of friends in Orlando for whom I am forever grateful. I also joined a young Christian singles group and young outdoors enthusiast group on Meetup.com this fall, though the former has led to more community as I've been more involved there. I also started getting into volunteering a couple times a month, so I've discovered a lovely sense of community in that realm. Even within the workplace, in my leadership development program, specifically, I've found community. Lastly, my favorite place that I've found community has been the dog park! I've made many friends of the owners of Heidi's canine friends.

No comments: