Original 2013 Resolutions
- WORKING pay off $15,000+ of debt
- UPDATE: I have paid off $4,288 in debt (strictly debt, no interest payment included) to date; that means I've met 29% of this resolution. For being 58% through 2013 I am behind by $4,462. I fully believe this is because I've not had a roommate at all this year. The resolution was pretty ambitions without a roommate...
- COMPLETE run the Walt Disney World's Donal Duck Half Marathon
- UPDATE: It was a great weekend! I LOVED having Mom & Dad down here to visit! Universal's Islands of adventure was fun, and at the half marathon the three of us crossed together!
- NA run the Chicago Marathon
- UPDATE: I was unable to register due to technical difficulties; aiming for 2014.
- COMPLETE earn a B or better in my final PSU master's course
- UPDATE: I earned an A!
- COMPLETE graduate my PSU master's program
- UPDATE: The diploma is beautiful! So happy to have this under my belt!
- COMPLETE graduate my Leadership Development Program
- UPDATE: My final rotation wrapped up in May! Graduation ceremony is in October!
- NOT STARTED attend church service at least once a month (attending church service can be substituted with an hour of studying/reading the Bible)
- UPDATE: This is not going well at all... I have been struggling with this area of life lately, and have not made any effort to attend church... I'm not really happy about it and am trying to sort through it all.
- COMPLETE level up to Level 3 at Dog-On-It Agility
- UPDATE: Heidi and I are officially in Level 3 agility! Fall sessions start up soon!
- NOT STARTED compete with Heidi in 1+ Dog-On-It Agility trial(s)
- UPDATE: I missed the first and second quarter trials...
- NOT STARTED complete 5+ projects that have been on-going for (ahem) years (this could be anything from finishing my Australia puzzle, to using up the fabric purchased for making laptop sleeves, to using up some yarn that I've accumulated, to making my running t-shirt quilt, to puppy bandanas that are practically ready to be sewn)
- UPDATE: Yeah... this one isn't going too swimmingly either... may not happen with the quilt project (see new 2013 resolutions)
- NOT STARTED compete in 4+ triathlons (can be any distance - will likely compete in the Central Florida Sprint Triathlon Series again)
- UPDATE: I was trying to relocate and so I missed the first 2 sprint triathlons of the Central Florida Sprint Triathlon Series. I'll miss the 3rd one because I've not trained enough on the bike. I'm aiming to renew my USAT membership and do the final event in the series in September, though. Won't hit the 4+ triathlon mark, though; if I do the one in September, that'll likely be it for triathlons this year.
- WORKING read 24+ books (this year my number of books read was considerably low - probably a combined result of reading 3 of the Game of Thrones books (each is approximately 1000 pages) and having a rough year
- UPDATE: I have read 20 books thus far; that means I've met 83% of this resolution. Check out my Good Reads book shelves to see which books I've read (and which I have lined up).
- NOT STARTED do 3+ pages of scrapbooking (doesn't have to be Heidi's scrapbook; it can be my general scrapbook of life)
- UPDATE: I need to get on this...
- WORKING keep one weekend of each month deliberately open so that when that weekend arrives I can do whatever I please with no pressure or obligation; this is to help keep my stress levels in check (I've been consciously not over-busying myself since late October, and I've noticed significant benefits; if the month is truly too busy to do this, 2 free weekends must be set for the following month)
- UPDATE: I'm so glad about this resolution! I've really come a long way in not making plans for every free slot of time in my life! I enjoy a leisure, uneventful weekend from time to time, and I sprinkle in some plans with friends and what not - but not so much that I stress myself out. It's been great!
- COMPLETE experience the Ultra Music Festival (this is lined up for March!)
- UPDATE: It. Was. EPIC.
- NOT STARTED go on a fun hiking trip
- UPDATE: I'm planning to do a trip somewhere in Florida or a surrounding state in the fall when the weather cools off a bit. Will probably knock this out as part of a camping trip.
New 2013 Resolutions
WORKING run an endurance race: 2013 Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day w/Mom!
- UPDATE: Mom and I are each registered! Starting Bart Yasso's The Perfect 10 Half Marathon Training Plan for Seasoned Runners on Wednesday, 21 August 2013!
WORKING sew at least 60 pinwheels for bedspread quilt
- UPDATE: That's 15 pinwheels/month (15 pinwheels = 1 patterned fabric complete; there are 15 different patterned fabrics). I just need to cut up some of the beige fabric, and I'm ready to start sewing the pinwheels!
NOT STARTED learn how to play poker
- UPDATE: I've recently made a new friend, and said friend wants to teach me how to play poker!