03 December 2010

Reverb10 - 3 December

Prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

I'm going to come back to this one. I am in the midst of sorting through my favorite photos from 2010 for my Christmas letter. Looking through the photos will help me choose the moment I most felt alive this year.

...

I've decided there hasn't been a single moment in 2010 where I felt more alive than another moment. I feel alive when I do things for other people (donating my time, skills or extra money to a cause, as well as coordinating and/or hosting get-togethers with friends), when I am doing something extreme (water skiing and tubing, and running races), and when I am with Heidi (pretty much all the time).

As for 2011, I have a ski trip lined up for the end of January. I missed skiing last winter, so I'm super excited. It'll be a first for me in a few ways, too. Earlier the same month I am running my fourth half marathon with my Mom! We're aiming to break 2 hours for the 13.1 mile-long race!

No comments: