06 December 2010

Reverb10 - 6 December

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)


I make a lot of things, but the last thing I completed was a knitted cozy for a cup. I used a pretty, soft rose-colored yarn and my pretty dark wood knitting needles with pearl-like caps. The pattern I used for the cozy is called Double Moss. It has raises and dimples. Here is a link to the item in my Etsy shop, amara | 86.
Creating things is a passion of mine. I get this artistic sense from my mother and her mother, my grandmother who taught me how to crochet. I love making things with my own two hands. I love putting time into something nice. One of my dreams is to see my Etsy shop take off and be a nice little source of extra income.

As far as clearing time in my week to devote to creating things, well, I'm working on that. I get mental blocks, such as "oh, I have to cut all that fabric, still," that hold me back. It happens to all of us, and I am working on getting a rhythm established to help push me through those sorts of blocks.

No comments: