02 January 2009

My Honda Fit

Well, folks, I am a proud owner of a brand spanking new 2009 Honda Fit Sport! It's black, it's beautiful and I've named it Raven. I'm really excited to have my own vehicle again. Many thanks to my dear mother who helped me with the entire car-buying process - I couldn't have done it without her!

Here is a photo of me and my mom with Little Miss Raven:



Here I am learning about all of the bells and whistles:



I lucked out with Raven being so fresh to the lot. The dealership got the car in last night. When I arrived to the dealership, the car was still bagged up and had plastic all over it. When I drove it off the lot it had only 3 miles on it! Great news: the Honda Fit resale value is excellent - not that I'm planning on letting go of her anytime soon, but it's a comforting fact.

Yay! I'm so happy! I'm really proud of myself for graduating from a highly respected university and landing an excellent position at a great company; both of these accomplishments have granted me the ability to purchase such a fabulous car.

And, yes, I'm dreading the first door ding, haha. You'll find me parking in the back of the lots. (That was for you, Daddy.)

-Amanda

1 comment:

dingle said...

Congrats! I'm sooo jealous! Having a car is the ultimate step to individual freedom and happiness - I am so sure of that. You can go anywhere you want, any time, no matter what. Not like, oh yeah I'm on my way, just gotta wait three hours for the 7.42pm bus that'll cost me 53 kroner and take a detour around half the county to get there... And so on.

Enjoy your new Raven ;) When I make my way over the pond, I'll se about getting myself that pink Cadillac cabriolet to vibe through Route 66 with, haha. Have fun =)