13 August 2011

TSRS 1/7: Celebration of Running 5K

Today was the first race of the Track Shack's Running Series: the Celebration of Running 5K in Winter Park, Florida!

Here is a snap shot of my race results (I'm 4th from the bottom - look at the bottom page for column titles):


Nike+ offers some neat statistics and graphical views. Here is a graphical view of my pace throughout the race:


Here is a breakdown of my time per mile:


Here is a map of the route (with start, finish and mile markers):


Overall, it was a great race. I only walked briefly to drink some water at each of the two water stations. It was ridiculously hot and humid, though - we were all dripping (literally) before the race even began. I am looking forward to the cooler weather to train in and compete in soon!

Added bonus: the announcer mentioned that the Track Shack was having its final day of a store-wide 20% off regular prices sale today! So, after the race, I purchased my new Brooks Adrenalines (pictured below)! I had planned to do this Monday, but who says no to saving $20? I also picked up some energy gels in a variety of flavors for my up-coming long weekend runs as I begin training for the Walt Disney World Wine & Dine Half Marathon.


And that wraps it up for my first race in the series! Next up is the Autumn Rock 'N Roll 5K in Casselberry, Florida on Saturday, 10 September 2011! Here's a snap shot of the Track Shack Running Series (link to my blog about it):

No comments: