17 April 2011

Palm Trees for Mountains

If you haven't heard the news yet, I'm moving to Denver in T-minus 31 days. I'm trading in the palm trees for the mountains.

I will certainly miss Orlando. Florida has grown on me so much. I have enjoyed the easy access to the beach, rooting myself for a time, starting the book club and making so many friends.



But I've always wanted to live in Colorado, and now is the right time for me to make the move. I love mountains - the hiking, the camping, the skiing. I can hardly wait for the the weather. I'm good on the sweltering, sticky summers and am craving a real winter. Did you know that Denver has more sunny days per year than Orlando? Mhmm!

I have a base of friends in Denver already (some from Purdue, some who've moved from Orlando to Denver and some from work), so that'll be nice. I am excited to move to a more dog-friendly and outdoorsy area!



Yes, I'm still going to be working for Lockheed Martin. I've been getting that one a lot.

I'm super excited that my dad is able to help me with the move. My grandpa might be helping, too! I'm so lucky to have them!

I started packing today. Ya gotta start on that early to keep the stress levels low.

That's all for now. Check back soon!

Cheers,

Amanda

No comments: