30 August 2009

The Beach House, Jane Green

Meet Jane Green:


Jane Green



She authored "The Beach House":


The Beach House



I read this nice, light, summery read for a book club I recently joined. One of my managers at Lockheed Martin, Penny, invited me to join her book club, and I was more than happy to do so! The book club was all sorts of goodness: I met several wonderful ladies and an adorable baby girl, I learned about some about life as a woman, had a delicious home-made pot luck meal, and chatted about the book ever-so briefly. I missed this month's book club because my brother has been in town, but I'm hoping to make it to the next one, even though I'll be readying myself to leave town for Maryland the same weekend. We'll see if I can swing it.

This was my first Jane Green book. Overall impression: okay story; predictable and lacked some character development. I did quite like how Jane wove characters lives together. And I admired Nan's spunk, wisdom and ability to accept things and people for what and who they were. I also liked how the beach house itself was characterized.

The moral of the story, in my opinion, was this: life continues, and friends are our family whom we can choose.

As a side note, I would love to visit Nantucket after having read this book!

Amanda

No comments: