03 March 2009

Unstructured Post

It's time I catch up here with the random going-ons in my life. Currently I am enjoying a bottle of wine by myself for the very first time. It is a mark of fabulous independence. I'm drinking a 2008 Yellow Tail shiraz, a product of Australia! Obviously this makes me doubly happy. I'm listening to the soothing melodies of the Feist Pandora Internet radio station, and I'm having a delicious Greek salad. It reminds me of happy evenings during my final semester at Purdue.

I bought an iPhone a few weeks ago. As a Mac user it made a lot of sense for me to choose it over the BlackJack 2, which is Windows Mobile and basically identical to my old phone, the original BlackJack. Naturally, I love everything about the iPhone with a couple of exceptions. One, I can't get my Bluetooth headset to make a relationship with the iPhone; I think the iPhone only plays with a particular headset. I'm not sure. Two, no picture text messaging. Other than that I think it's genius. Apple knows how to please its customers. They create things that flow with the mind's train of thought. Their products just make so much sense.

Lately I've become obsessed with Pandora, the aforementioned Internet radio website. The best thing about the website is that you give it an artist or a song to work with and it plays songs similar to your request; makes for a great way to discover new artists and songs. I've been very keen on the Frou Frou and Feist radio stations. Look 'em up. At least check out Pandora. You can thank me later.

I recently received word on my high school's 5 year reunion. It's hard to believe that it was five years ago that I graduated from high school. It will always return to memory with a sense of pettiness. A couple months ago I had a discussion with an old friend about whether or not we would attend our high school reunions. We both agreed that we probably wouldn't: people only want to show off at these sorts of functions. However, I have been in touch with some old friends from school, and it may be a nice opportunity to meet up with them. Any way, I was originally set against attending, but I'm rethinking my decision. I doubt it, but it would make for a good reason to have a trip up to Indiana in the fall. I might go for that reason alone.

Orlando is treating me well. I'm making it a point to scoop out the interesting places to grab coffee, dine, and relax. Yelp has been a great aid in that endeavor. Yelp is a reviews website; a great source of information.

I officially start my mini-marathon (13.1 miles) training today. Since the new year I've been training several times a week, no slacking! I'm quite proud of myself. Now it's time to start upping the mileage! Speaking of races, Lockheed Martin is sponsoring me to run a corporate 5K race in downtown Orlando at Lake Euola. I'm excited for that one! As a side note for training, I've been doing a great amount of cross-training with cycling and swimming!

Great news: I'm going to be at Purdue on Saturday, 2 May! I'm running the Indy 500 Mini that morning, but the plan is that I'll be well trained and able to move my body later that night, haha. That's the current plan.

-Amanda

No comments: