02 May 2012

Hello, Triathlon

After a 7-year hiatus, I'm getting back into triathlon. With my swimming background, my having become very much a runner, and my re-found love of cycling, I'm back at triathlon with a passion!

I picked up new swim gear last week: fins, spare googles, spare cap, new suit.

I was torn between purple and blue; I ended up going with the blue one

I'm only 150ish miles into my Brooks running shoes, so I'm set on gear for running.

Now the fun news: yesterday I got myself set up for cycling! (Fun fact: I paid for everything in CASH (thanks, Dave Ramsey)!)

My new baby is a 2012 Cannondale Synapse Women's Alloy 6 Tiagra!
I had sold Sunny (my old Felt F70 from 2004) and all gear a year ago, so I had to get the works:

Shimano Pedaling Dynamics (SPD) M520 pedals in black
Specialized Women's Spirita Road Shoes in black
Cannondale IQ200 11 Function Wireless Computer
Camelbak Podium Chill 610 mL insulated water bottle
Camelbak Podium Big Chill 750mL insulated water bottle
Specialized Mini Wedgie saddle bag in white and black
Specialized Align helmet in white
Orange Cycle aluminum bottle cages
Tire levers
Spare tire tube
CO2 tire inflator

Now I just need to choose a name for the bike...

PS - the folks at Orange Cycle are phenomenal. Incredibly knowledgable, friendly, honest, and personable. Their reputation preceded them, and I didn't even bother looking around at other bike shops. I have no regrets about my decision to do business with Orange Cycle. Bonus: they are super dog-friendly. Heidi helped me pick out the bike, waited patiently while I did my test rides, and was there all throughout the experience of shopping for gear and the bike fitting. She was so well-behaved and just soaked up all the attention! I am such a proud doggy mommy!

No comments: