14 June 2010

Breaking Dawn

I read this earlier in the year but somehow missed writing a review. Since it's been months since I've read it, I'm not going to go into huge detail. I'm not even going to fetch photos or links to the book.

It was a fast read, and that always makes me enjoy it more. I'm all for page-turners that keep you up late at night.

The end of Eclipse kind of had me wanting more. I think the story was just that engaging for me, but also I get that way when I'm approaching the final book in a series. I want to know how things end.

That said, I don't want to spoil things for anyone, so I'll say that I was pretty impressed with the way the story ends. Stephanie Meyers has proven herself to me as far as that goes; her ending in The Host was very well done, too. All loose ends were tied up, characters nestled into their conclusions, etc.

I like that two enemies in the saga came to be not just allies but brothers of sorts in this book. Bella's luck turned such that she could have them both in her life, although it was awkward to become accustomed to at first.

I also really enjoyed Stephanie's deft ability in the use of vampire/werewolf supernatural power. She is so clever in that way.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Good series if you like vampires + lovey drama. Probably more rapturous when read as a teenager, but even in my early twenties I enjoyed it.

No comments: